Monday, July 28, 2014

A Little Inspriration on a Monday


What inspires you to create?  Your photos...  A song on the radio... Your favourite quote or scripture verse... the scenery or people around you... So many things, both good and bad, can spark a creative fire.
I was participating in a moment of what I like to call "PRODUCTIVE PROCRASTINATION" looking through PINTEREST the other day (I love Pinterest!!!!) and came across a quote/scripture that spoke to me and I just had to do something with it. Here is the quote/scripture from Pinterest that inspired me.

The 12"x12" wall hanging shown above was the result of my creative moment. I grabbed a 12"x12" canvas and some paper and went to town. I tore the edges of my paper SS - Blue Skies paper and cut out the center of my BG - Peacock paper (my little trick so that I save the most paper for other projects). I ripped a heart shape into the sky & added a red piece behind the torn heart. I hand-stitched around the heart. I used a stencil & some white distress paint to add a little texture. I tore cloud shapes out of the Peacock paper &  I painted the bottom of the clouds to give some more dimension & depth. I also used the Peacock paper to roughly hand write my quote. I inked everything - I love to ink. I added a Clock paper clip to the heart, Robin's Nest tear drops to the clouds and Crystal Lacquer to the heart. I adhered them down with Matte Mod Podge - it wrinkled a little but I'm ok with that. 
The result is an uplifting handmade piece of art that reminds me that someone bigger is taking care of me.

What inspires you?


Here is what I used to create my wall hanging:
Papers ~ Simple Stories - Good Day Sunshine "Blue Skies", BasicGrey - Serenade "Peacock", DCVW - Immortal Love "Red Satin", Artist Loft 12x12 Canvas, Prima Marketing "Lifetime" Clock Paperclips 
3D Crystal Lacquer, Matte Mod Podge, Tim Holtz Distress Paint "Picket Fence" & Distress Ink "Antique Linen" & Robin's Nest Tear Drops












No comments:

Post a Comment